Archivio Diocesano di Conversano
  "La città delle donne" - 750° di Dameta prima badessa mitrata di Conversano 1266-2016 - Fitto il programma degli eventi. Conversano 3 dicembre 2016 - 31 luglio 2017  
   
 
 

Within the seventeenth century cloister of the former Vincentian convent, which became the seat of the seminary in 1816 (read the historical account in Places), the new site of the Diocesan Archive of Conversano (ADC), the Cathedral Chapter Archive (ACC) and the Episcopal Seminary Library (BSV) of Conversano was inaugurated on October 19, 2002.

  • Photo Gallery Title text 2
    Content text...Content text....
  • Photo Gallery Title text 2
    Content text...
  • Photo Gallery Title text 2
    Content text...
  • Photo Gallery Title text 2
    Content text...
  • Photo Gallery Title text 2
    Content text...

The ADC (Diocesan Archive of Conversano) dates back to the Xth century (October 901) and contains more than 400 printed parchments (901-1397).

The ACC (Cathedral Chapter Archive) originated in the second half of the 1400’s and includes four antiphonaries with folios, manuscripts and miniatures.

The BSV (Episcopal Seminary Library) was founded in 1703, while its book collections date back to the 1500’s. The library has recently been enriched by the addition of microfilm manuscripts on Conversano, which are found in libraries and archives throughout Italy and Europe.

 
Credits  

    In Italiano